Jobsplus Permit: 322/2022
To develop and manage the strategic external affairs of the Authority’s activities and to be responsible to enhance and sustain the identity and reputation of the Gozo Regional Development Authority (GRDA) at a local level.
The function is also responsible for actively engaging in policy dialogue, negotiations and follow up with international bodies (bilaterally and multilaterally) to promote the GRDA interest at international level and to aid the transfer of knowledge from and to other regional development agencies.
- The Head (EU & International Affairs) is responsible for the coordination of relations with international organizations and memoranda of understanding with other foreign agencies, as well as the exchange of information requests resulting thereto.
- He/she is to provide advice to Senior Management of the GRDA and/or to the Ministry for Gozo on the formulation of policies mainly relating to legislative and non-legislative proposals at an international level concerning regionality.
- To be actively engaged in policy dialogue, negotiations and follow up of international institutions including at an EU level, so as to provide constructive feedback in the attainment of national positions in relevant area/s.
- To be actively engaged in policy dialogue and negotiations at a national level including with other Ministries/National Agencies and with stakeholders including NGOs.
- Play a leading role in the Stakeholders Consultative Groups/Working Groups and the intra-Government Working Groups including chairing.
Education and Experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently.
- It would be considered an asset to have an understanding of Government policy and a track record of working with senior officials.
- It would be considered an asset to have an understanding of communications in an international context.
- Tertiary qualification: Degree or equivalent (MQF Level 7 or higher), from a recognised education institution in Business, Law, Management, Public Relations, or related area.
Minimum of 3 years in a senior executive position, demonstrating a positive track record of the above-mentioned core competencies.
- Leadership: Advanced
- Strategic Planning: Advanced
- Management of Change: Advanced
- Implementation Planning and Management: Advanced
- Performance Management: Advanced
- Risk Management: Intermediate
- Portfolio and / or Programme Management: Advanced
- Relationship Management: Advanced
- People Management: Advanced
- Conceptual and Thinking: Advanced
- Communication: Advanced
Applicants to submit CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 10TH June 2022 (Noon – Local Time)